Birds Hill United Church
God’s Family of Seekers and Servants
Welcome to Bird’s Hill United Church!
This quaint, small church is nestled in the Town of Bird’s Hill and is filled with warm, caring people who not only enjoy the Sunday Services but also support a vibrant UCW, Prayer Group, Outreach Programs and Adult Education.
10:00 a.m. from September to June.
What We Believe
Birds Hill United Church is part of the United Church of Canada. Please visit their website to learn more about what we believe.
Birds Hill United Church welcomes all into our community of faith. We have embarked on a process of becoming an Affirming Ministry within the United Church of Canada, whereby we are public, intentional and explicit in welcoming people of all gender identities and sexual orientations.
Special Services and Events
PLEASE JOIN US ON SUNDAYS AT 10:00 AM EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 11, 2022
THE FOLLOWING WILL BE ADHERED TO
Safe distance seating is available in both the Sanctuary and in the Hall where the sound system allows you to hear equally well. Anyone who is sick is asked to stay at home and get better.
The services will be indoors abiding by government regulations as follows:
- Mask wearing is optional. (if you forget yours, we have a supply at the door)
- We will be entering through the front doors (if physically possible), where you will be asked to use hand sanitizer and attendance will be taken and you will proceed to be seated social distancing. Offering plates will be placed at the front door for your convenience.
- Due to the concerns of the variants that are surfacing, we will require proof of vaccinations, so please be prepared to show your card at the door so that it can be noted on the attendance sheet – once noted, you will not need to show it again;
- We will be exiting through the hall door.
- Refreshments will be served after the service – please plan to stay.
We are following these guidelines to keep everyone safe and healthy. We look forward to seeing you.
Ongoing Events (September to June)
• Tuesday Morning Prayer Group (TMPG) meets @ 9:45 am @ the Church or at various homes each Tuesday Morning. Call Louise Chernetz @204-299-7792 to confirm the location;
• United Church Women (UCW) meets @ 1:00 pm @ the Church the 1st Thursday of every month – NEXT MEETING OCTOBER 6TH, 2022
• Board Meeting @ 1:00 pm @ the Church the 1st Tuesday of every month (NEXT MEETING OCTOBER 4TH, 2022)
• Men’s Breakfast @ 8:30 am at the Legion on De Vries & Henderson the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month
- Meeting exploring Collaborative Ministry being held at Immanuel United Church, 755 Golspie Street on Wednesday, September 21st, 2022 from 7-9 pm. Karen and 3 members are requested to attend.
• Adult Education on Wednesdays, 7:00-9:00 pm; (Starting date October 5th, 2022)
- T’BJIGGN PLANNING MEETING: Meetings will be held via Zoom or in person as arranged (this is a planning meeting which involves Transcona Memorial United Church, Bird’s Hill United Church; John Black Memorial United Church, Immanuel United Church, Grey Street United Church, Gordon King Memorial United Church and North Kildonan United Church) (NEXT MEETING SEPTEMBER 26TH , 2022 @ 12:30 (BRING A BAG LUNCH) BEVERAGES WILL BE PROVIDED AND WILL TAKE PLACE AT TRANSCONA MEMORIAL UNITED CHURCH, 209 Yale Avenue, West
- Sunday, September 25th, 2022 at our service at 10:00 am, we will have the pleasure of having Jan Harding and Vivi join us with their gifts of music;
- “COFFEE ON BURT” a well deserved midweek break in our church hall on Wednesday afternoons from 1-3 will start up again on October 5th, 2022. Come and join us. This is open to all ages. Come and bring your family and friends or come alone and meet your neighbours for fun and visiting. Coffee/Tea and snacks will be available to enjoy. This is an opportunity to have coffee and conversation or play a game of cards, cribbage or any other game that you enjoy or if you knit or crochet, bring your project with you. We have an abundance of puzzles (one is started already). The aim is to have a relaxing enjoyable time.
- NEXT PEROGY MAKING DAY WILL BE OCTOBER 3RD, 2022. YOU MAY ORDER PEROGIES BY CONTACTING JACKIE W. @204-668-8442. THEY ARE $7.00 A DOZEN WITH A LIMIT OF 4 DOZEN PER PERSON SO THAT WE CAN FILL ALL ORDERS. THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!
Rev. Karen E. Toole
Ordained United Church Minister
Karen is a prominent Winnipeg speaker on spirituality, grief, loss and aging.