Birds Hill United ChurchGod’s Family of Seekers and Servants
Welcome to Bird’s Hill United Church!
This quaint, small church is nestled in the Town of Bird’s Hill and is filled with warm, caring people who not only enjoy the Sunday Services but also support a vibrant UCW, Prayer Group, Outreach Programs and Adult Education.
10:00 a.m. from September to June.
What We Believe
Birds Hill United Church is part of the United Church of Canada. Please visit their website to learn more about what we believe.
Special Services and Events
DUE TO RESTRICTIONS, SERVICES HAVE BEEN CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. KAREN WILL BE SENDING OUT THE SERVICES BY EMAIL.
IF YOU WISH TO RECEIVE THE SERVICES, PLEASE CONTACT ISABEL AT THE CHURCH
ONCE SERVICES RESUME, THE FOLLOWING WILL BE ADHERED TO
Safe distance seating is available in both the Sanctuary and in the Hall where the sound system allows you to hear equally well. Anyone who is sick is asked to stay at home and get better.
The services will be indoors abiding by government regulations as follows:
- We strongly recommend you wear a mask.
- We will be entering through the front doors (if physically possible), where you will be asked to use hand sanitizer and attendance will be taken and you will proceed to be seated social distancing. Offering plates will be placed at the front door and at the back door for your convenience.
- We will be exiting through the hall door.
- Refreshments will not be served but you are welcome to bring a beverage if you so desire.
- Visiting after the service is allowed but you must do so wearing your mask and be safe distancing.
We are following these guidelines to keep everyone safe and healthy. We look forward to seeing you.
Ongoing Events (September to June)
• Tuesday Morning Prayer Group (TMPG) meets @ 9:45 am @ the Church or at various homes each Tuesday Morning. Call Louise Chernetz @204-299-7792 to confirm the location; keeping social distancing in mind; (ALL MEETINGS WILL BE HELD VIA ZOOM UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)
• United Church Women (UCW) meets @ 1:00 pm @ the Church the 1st Thursday of every month (NO MEETINGS WILL TAKE PLACE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)
• Board Meeting @ 1:00 pm @ the Church the 1st Tuesday of every month (Next meeting June 8th via Zoom)
• Men’s Breakfast @ 8:30 am at the Legion on De Vries & Henderson the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month (CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)
• Adult Education on Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 pm; (Starting date to be determined)
TBJIGGN PLANNING MEETING: Meetings will be held via Zoom as arranged (this is a planning meeting which involves Transcona United Church, Bird’s Hill United Church; John Black United Church, Immanuel United Church, Grey Street United Church, Gordon King United Church and North Kildonan United Church) (NEXT ZOOM MEETING SEPTEMBER 20, 2021 @ 7:00 PM.)
- PEROGY MAKING HAS BEEN PUT ON HOLD FOR THE TIME BEING
Rev. Karen E. Toole
Ordained United Church Minister
Karen is a prominent Winnipeg speaker on spirituality, grief, loss and aging.