Birds Hill United ChurchGod’s Family of Seekers and Servants
Welcome to Bird’s Hill United Church!
This quaint, small church is nestled in the Town of Bird’s Hill and is filled with warm, caring people who not only enjoy the Sunday Services but also support a vibrant UCW, Prayer Group, Outreach Programs and Adult Education.
10:00 a.m. from September to June.
What We Believe
Birds Hill United Church is part of the United Church of Canada. Please visit their website to learn more about what we believe.
Special Services and Events
Ongoing Events (September to June)
• Tuesday Morning Prayer Group (TMPG) meets @ 9:45 am @ the Church or at various homes each Tuesday Morning. Call Louise Chernetz @204-299-7792 to confirm the location;
• United Church Women (UCW) meets @ 1:00 pm @ the Church the 1st Thursday of every month – next meeting November 7, 2019
• Board Meeting @ 1:00 pm @ the Church the 1st Tuesday of every month – next meeting November 12, 2019;
• Men’s Breakfast @ 8:30 am at the Legion on De Vries & Henderson the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month;
• Adult Education on Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 pm starting up October 16, 2019; (We will be discussing and viewing videos of recent research related to human behaviour. Material chosen is especially relevant to parents, grandparents and seniors. It is all based on work done in the last 30 years.)
• THE NEXT T-BJIGGN PLANNING MEETING: John Black United Church hosting on Wednesday, November 6th @ 6:30 pm (this is a planning meeting which involves Transcona United Church, Bird’s Hill United Church; John Black United Church, Immanuel United Church, Grey Street United Church, Gordon King United Church and North Kildonan United Church)
Note some of the events hosted by the various churches this Fall:
– Nov. 30th 5:00-7:00 Pre Advent Potluck Supper & Worship @ Immanuel U.C.
Upcoming Services & Events
• Nov. 25: Next Perogy Making Dates ($6.00 a dozen)
• Dec. 7/19: Christmas Tea & Bazaar @ 1:30-3:30 p.m.
Rev. Karen E. Toole
Ordained United Church Minister
Karen is a prominent Winnipeg speaker on spirituality, grief, loss and aging.