Birds Hill United ChurchGod’s Family of Seekers and Servants
Welcome to Bird’s Hill United Church!
This quaint, small church is nestled in the Town of Bird’s Hill and is filled with warm, caring people who not only enjoy the Sunday Services but also support a vibrant UCW, Prayer Group, Outreach Programs and Adult Education.
10:00 a.m. from September to June.
What We Believe
Birds Hill United Church is part of the United Church of Canada. Please visit their website to learn more about what we believe.
Special Services and Events
WE RESUMED SERVICES ON SEPTEMBER 12TH, 2021 @ 10:00 AM
COME AND JOIN US
THE FOLLOWING WILL BE ADHERED TO
Safe distance seating is available in both the Sanctuary and in the Hall where the sound system allows you to hear equally well. Anyone who is sick is asked to stay at home and get better.
The services will be indoors abiding by government regulations as follows:
- We strongly recommend you wear a mask.
- We will be entering through the front doors (if physically possible), where you will be asked to use hand sanitizer and attendance will be taken and you will proceed to be seated social distancing. Offering plates will be placed at the front door and at the back door for your convenience.
- Due to the concerns of the variants that are surfacing, we will require proof of vaccinations, so please be prepared to show your card at the door so that it can be noted on the attendance sheet – once noted, you will not need to show it again;
- We will be exiting through the hall door.
- Refreshments will be served after the service – please plan to stay.
- Visiting after the service is allowed but you must do so wearing your mask and be safe distancing.
We are following these guidelines to keep everyone safe and healthy. We look forward to seeing you.
Ongoing Events (September to June)
• Tuesday Morning Prayer Group (TMPG) meets @ 9:45 am @ the Church or at various homes each Tuesday Morning. Call Louise Chernetz @204-299-7792 to confirm the location; keeping social distancing in mind;
• United Church Women (UCW) meets @ 1:00 pm @ the Church the 1st Thursday of every month (NEXT MEETING ON NOVEMBER 4TH)
• Board Meeting @ 1:00 pm @ the Church the 1st Tuesday of every month (NEXT MEETING NOVEMBER 9TH)
• Men’s Breakfast @ 8:30 am at the Legion on De Vries & Henderson the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month
• Adult Education on Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 pm; (Starting date to be determined)
TBJIGGN PLANNING MEETING: Meetings will be held via Zoom as arranged (this is a planning meeting which involves Transcona United Church, Bird’s Hill United Church; John Black United Church, Immanuel United Church, Grey Street United Church, Gordon King United Church and North Kildonan United Church) (NEXT MEETING NOVEMBER 22ND, 2021 @ 7:00 PM.)
- October 24th there will be a very short Annual General Meeting after church in the Sanctuary (please plan to stay for it)
- November 14th @10:00 am Jan Harding will be joining us with music and song (Come and join us – Karen, Dan & Jan definitely compliment each other with their talents)
- PEROGY MAKING HAS BEEN PUT ON HOLD FOR THE TIME BEING
Rev. Karen E. Toole
Ordained United Church Minister
Karen is a prominent Winnipeg speaker on spirituality, grief, loss and aging.