Birds Hill United ChurchGod’s Family of Seekers and Servants
Welcome to Bird’s Hill United Church!
This quaint, small church is nestled in the Town of Bird’s Hill and is filled with warm, caring people who not only enjoy the Sunday Services but also support a vibrant UCW, Prayer Group, Outreach Programs and Adult Education.
10:00 a.m. from September to June.
What We Believe
Birds Hill United Church is part of the United Church of Canada. Please visit their website to learn more about what we believe.
Special Services and Events
Ongoing Events (September to June)
• Tuesday Morning Prayer Group (TMPG) meets @ 9:45 am @ the Church or at various homes each Tuesday Morning. Call Louise Chernetz @204-299-7792 to confirm the location;
• United Church Women (UCW) meets @ 1:00 pm @ the Church the 1st Thursday of every month – next meeting March 5, 2020
• Board Meeting @ 1:00 pm @ the Church the 1st Tuesday of every month – next meeting March 10th, 2020;
• Men’s Breakfast @ 8:30 am at the Legion on De Vries & Henderson the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month;
• Adult Education on Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 pm – Start up date February 19, 2020;
• THE NEXT T-BJIGGN PLANNING MEETING: Bird’s Hill United Church hosting on Wednesday, March 11th @ 6:30 pm (this is a planning meeting which involves Transcona United Church, Bird’s Hill United Church; John Black United Church, Immanuel United Church, Grey Street United Church, Gordon King United Church and North Kildonan United Church)
Upcoming Services & Events
- Shrove Tuesday, February 25th @5:30 pm – the men will be preparing and serving a pancake supper – (silver collection) followed by an Ash Wednesday Service at 7:00;
- March 1st AGM (lunch meeting after the service)
- WORLD DAY OF PRAYER – Friday, March 6th, 2020. Theme this year is “Rise! Take your Mat and Walk”. In the North East part of Winnipeg, services are available at Transcona United Church @1:30; at North Kildonan United Church @7:00 and at St. Gerard’s R Parish @7:30
MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR OUR DELICIOUS PEROGY SUPPER ON SATURDAY, MARCH 21st, 2020 – 2 SEATINGS @ 4:30 & 6:00. TICKETS FOR ADULTS $12.00. Contact Sheila to reserve a spot @204-661-4034 (Menu consists of Perogies, Sausage, Coleslaw, Dessert, Tea/Coffee)
• Perogy Making – March 2nd; March 16th ($6.00 a dozen)
Rev. Karen E. Toole
Ordained United Church Minister
Karen is a prominent Winnipeg speaker on spirituality, grief, loss and aging.