Birds Hill United ChurchGod’s Family of Seekers and Servants
Welcome to Bird’s Hill United Church!
This quaint, small church is nestled in the Town of Bird’s Hill and is filled with warm, caring people who not only enjoy the Sunday Services but also support a vibrant UCW, Prayer Group, Outreach Programs and Adult Education.
10:00 a.m. from September to June.
What We Believe
Birds Hill United Church is part of the United Church of Canada. Please visit their website to learn more about what we believe.
Special Services and Events
DUE TO THE PANDEMIC, WE ARE IN CODE RED AND ALL PERSON-TO-PERSON SERVICES AND MEETINGS ARE CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
KAREN WILL BE PROVIDING US WITH SERMONS AND MUSINGS VIA EMAIL DURING THIS TIME
(should you be interested in obtaining a copy of Karen’s sermons/musings, please contact our Board Chair, Isabel at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will send it to you via email)
ONCE WE ARE OUT OF CODE RED, SERVICES WILL RESUME AT BIRD’S HILL UNITED CHURCH @ 10:00 AM
Safe distance seating is available in both the Sanctuary and in the Hall where the sound system allows you to hear equally well. Anyone who is sick is asked to stay at home and get better.
The services will be indoors abiding by government regulations as follows:
- We strongly recommend you wear a mask.
- We will be entering through the front doors (if physically possible), where you will be asked to use hand sanitizer and attendance will be taken and you will proceed to be seated social distancing. Offering plates will be placed at the front door and at the back door for your convenience.
- We will be exiting through the hall door.
- After the service, refreshments will be served from the kitchen where 2 people will be providing refreshments with the bottom half of the door closed. The dirty dishes will be placed in a tray in the hall where they will be picked up later. We are following these guidelines to keep everyone safe and healthy.
We look forward to seeing you once we are out of Code Red.
Ongoing Events (September to June)
• Tuesday Morning Prayer Group (TMPG) meets @ 9:45 am @ the Church or at various homes each Tuesday Morning. Call Louise Chernetz @204-299-7792 to confirm the location; keeping social distancing in mind; (DURING CODE RED, WE WILL HAVE MEETINGS VIA ZOOM)
• United Church Women (UCW) meets @ 1:00 pm @ the Church the 1st Thursday of every month once we are out of Code Red;
• Board Meeting @ 1:00 pm @ the Church the 1st Tuesday of every month once we are out of Code Red (Next meeting February 9th via Zoom)
• Men’s Breakfast @ 8:30 am at the Legion on De Vries & Henderson the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month once we are out of Code Red;
• Adult Education on Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 pm; (Starting date to be determined)
TBJIGGN PLANNING MEETING: Meetings will be held via Zoom as arranged (this is a planning meeting which involves Transcona United Church, Bird’s Hill United Church; John Black United Church, Immanuel United Church, Grey Street United Church, Gordon King United Church and North Kildonan United Church)
- PEROGY MAKING HAS BEEN PUT ON HOLD FOR THE TIME BEING
Rev. Karen E. Toole
Ordained United Church Minister
Karen is a prominent Winnipeg speaker on spirituality, grief, loss and aging.