Welcome to Bird’s Hill United Church!
This quaint, small church is nestled in the Town of Bird’s Hill and is filled with warm, caring people who not only enjoy the Sunday Services but also support a vibrant UCW, Prayer Group, Outreach Programs and Adult Education.
10:00 a.m. from September to June.
What We Believe
Birds Hill United Church is part of the United Church of Canada. Please visit their website to learn more about what we believe.
Special Services and Events
- Regular Tuesday Morning Prayer Group (TMPG) meets @ 9:45 am @ the Church
- Regular United Church Women (UCW) meets @ 1:00 pm @ the Church the 1st Thursday of every month
- Regular Board Meeting @ 1:00 pm @ the Church the 1st Tuesday of every month
- Regular Men’s Breakfast @ 8:30 am at the Legion on De Vries & Henderson the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month
Upcoming Services & Events
- NEXT PEROGY MAKING DATES: Mondays – February 11th & March 4th @ 10:00 am
- ADULT EDUCATION: Wednesdays 7:30-9:30 pm
- ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING: Sunday, February 24th after the service (includes lunch)
- SHROVE TUESDAY PANCAKE SUPPER: March 5, 2019 @ 5:30 pm followed by ASH WEDNESDAY SERVICE @ 7:00 pm
- PEROGY SUPPER: Saturday, March 16, 2019 – sittings at 5:00 and 6:30 p.m. To reserve a spot contact Sheila @ 204-661-4034. $12.00 for adults, $6.00 for children aged 6-12 and no charge for children under 6. The menu consists of Potato & Cheese Perogies, Garlic Sausage, Cole slaw, Rye bread and Ice Cream for dessert.
- THE NEXT B-JIGGN PLANNING MEETING: Grey Street United Church hosting on Wednesday, April 3rd @ 6:30 pm (this is a planning meeting which involves Bird’s Hill United Church; John Black United Church, Immanuel United Church, Grey Street United Church, Gordon King United Church and North Kildonan United Church)
Rev. Karen E. Toole
Ordained United Church Minister
Karen is a prominent Winnipeg speaker on spirituality, grief, loss and aging.